Friday, December 24, 2010

The Potter Christmas News Letter!!

So I am not going to mail it out but I figure that this way will reach the same number of people!!

I will start with Dad!! He is working still at Barry and hating his run for the most part. It is a hard run so he doesn't get a slow day when there. He gets three days off a week and on those days off he tends to be working hard on the house. The part that he is currently focusing on is the upstairs part. This is personally exciting for me since part of that area is going to be the room that Rebecca (and myself) has been waiting on for so long! The best news of all with Dad is that on December 5Th him and Mom officially got back together by getting remarried!! They honeymooned by staying in Heber one night, Logan the second, and then Idaho the final night. They visited with friends and family as well as Christmas shopping! I guess whatever works for a honeymoon huh!?!

Mom is here as of this moment but will be going back to Michigan on January 10Th of course by train!! I find it strange to get married and then leave but I guess the plan is that she will move back here around May or something like that after Dad has had the chance to get more of the house repaired and remodeled as she would like it! She is getting spoiled for Christmas but just doesn't know it yet!! We will be waiting for Kevin to arrive home from work before even doing Santa gifts (for those getting them) and stockings. He should be here around 1pm so we will see what she thinks when she gets to start opening!! Her arthritis is still causing her pains but she is handling it well at least on the outside! I think that she is enjoying getting some bonding time with Rebecca as well as Ashley and Adrian who is home visiting!

Jonathan is still working out with Newfield and works his 7 days on and 7 days off. He now lives in his trailer next to the house and is OK with it so long as the wood pellets in the stove don't run out!! He is being a Grinch about Christmas again but I am sure that as the excitement sets in with the gift opening some of that attitude will change to joy! He gets this way every year!

Nathan is no longer living here full time. He stays over in Roosevelt with Tim Cook and his fiance most of the time. He has had jobs though none have lasted for whatever reason. He is quiet as usual and in the process of still finding work. He puts in resumes all the time but the economy just isn't what it use to be.

Timothy has been living here for a couple months now and is trying to join the air force reserves. There are complications with it as a result of him talking with recruiters there in Michigan. Hopefully they can work out the kinks soon and get to do what he is wanting. He doesn't have a job at the moment and is on a graveyard type sleeping schedule! He helps out when needed and is into video games a lot! Part of the area that Dad has been remodeling that leads to the upstairs is his new room! He is responsible for bringing in pellets for one of the pellet stoves.

David technically doesn't live here anymore. He has an apartment out close to the Hill Air Force Base since he is currently doing his training stuff. He wasn't able to get in the on base housing since it is all full but I guess he likes his apartment. He and Miranda are not dating but still remain friends. He is in the process of buying a truck from Jonathan and has some time off from work until Monday. He is in love with Rebecca and the feeling is mutual! She loves her uncle David!

Samuel is waiting to enter basic and that is scheduled to take place in March. He is not working at the time but rather plays video games and messes around on the computer. When Dad is off he helps dad a lot. He feeds the pigs and brings in pellets for the stove on the inside of the house. He is pretty good at helping as soon as he is asked but there are times when he is stubborn!

Kevin is working out at Barry as well. He is a relief pumper so when Dad is on days off he works his run and then for three days works another guys run. He complains the entire time about Dad's run but he complains about a lot of things!!! He just got a new company truck and is now insisting on us getting one just like it when we pay off the truck we currently have. I don't think that he realizes how expensive it will be! He didn't have to pay for the one he is driving for work! As I said earlier he has to work today and so when he gets home we will do our Christmas stuff. He is excited about whatever he got for me for Christmas this year even though there has been some issues in getting it here. Since the main gift has not gotten here yet he has had a picture of it printed up and put in a big envelope. He had mom get a few other things for me to make up for it not being here yet.

Adrian is home for Christmas, his birthday, and New Years! He will not be leaving back to Germany until the 18Th of January! It is nice to have him here! He is all about the video games and since there is not a lot to do when he is not working over there in Germany or while he was in Iraq he has not lost his touch with them! He has been playing guitar hero the most and he is really good at it! He is doing well with his job in the Army and it is almost a guarantee that he will be sent to Georgia for his next transfer. He said that all they have to do is the paperwork and it is set! He could have gone to Colorado but that would have made it so he would have to deploy out again after only a few months. He didn't want to do that so he chose Georgia! Kevin doesn't like it because of how far away it is but the way I figure it, he is the states and he will be closer to us than Germany or Iraq!! I will keep you posted on that!

Ashley is doing good in school this year. She has mostly blow off classes with it being her senior year but still doing good with her grades! She has been checking into colleges around the state even though her entire time of living here she has said that she was moving back to Texas as soon as she graduated! Go figure, I guess she is a girl! She has mixed emotions about graduation. She is looking forward to it but at the same time it makes her sad. I can't relate to that, I was ready to get out of high school as soon as it was the first day of my senior year! She will turn 18 after she gets out of school and as far as right now goes she is planning on getting an apartment with her best friend Crystal in Duchesne when they are both 18. This obviously can change tomorrow but again, I will keep you posted!

Rebecca is a super smart girl! She can walk in between people but will not walk on her own yet. She does not crawl but rather scoots on her bum! She is getting better at saying things like Grandpa! If you ask her where someone is she will point them out to you. She sometimes sleeps through the night and other times I am up all night. I wish she would just sleep! She is still a very big Mommy's girl and loves to be with me all of the time. She "helps" load the dishwasher. She still likes her baths but has gotten funny about getting her body and hair washed, she hates it! She will be going in to have a tooth pulled on Feb. 8Th due to it being abscessed. She had fallen face first into the bottom of Dad's recliner when it was first coming in and so it was damaged pretty badly. I feel bad since I was the one that couldn't grab her in time to avoid the injury. She will get a spacer (baby denture) in when she gets her 3 year molars so she will have a big gap for couple of years! She will show you her tummy and eyes, ears, mouth, nose, etc when you ask her where they are and she has decided that she loves the snow!! She also loves to tear off the bows from every gift that she can get close to!! She is just a super sweet baby!

Now to me!! I have been busy with her as usual and am getting excited for the room to be built and finished soon!! I will be needing it more than ever since we will be expecting her baby brother or sister to come around the end of May! It was not a planned pregnancy but welcomed none the less! I have felt the entire time that it is going to be a boy but I have been hoping for a girl since the ages of this baby and Rebecca are so close together! I am beginning to show a little but still in my regular jeans! I get to find out what we are expecting on Monday so that is exciting! We have been waiting to make the announcement until today since we wanted to tell Adrian in person. I have a baby stocking that will be hanging with a ? on it and then it will have a candy baby bottle sticking out the top of it. If they don't get that because of excitement with their own stockings then I will have a jar of baby food in each one of their stockings! If they don't get that then I will just have to tell them! Other than that there is not much going on with me!

Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Merry Christmas to everyone out there! And thanks for the update on everyone. Congrats on the new little brother for Rebecca! Hopefully by May she'll be more independent so you can devote the time you need to the baby.

I didn't realize that Mom was planning to move out in May. What is the plan for Jonathan's house at that point? I thought they were planning to just visit back and forth for awhile. Definitely keep us posted on that. And I would LOVE to see some wedding photos!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on the new baby. Thats really exciting.

I am with Amy. You definately need to post mom and dads wedding photos.

Potterspot said...

So what did everyone get for Christmas? Feel free to post the list.