Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Adrian's Next Big Decission!!

Well as most if not all of you know, Adrian has joined the Army and will be going into the boot camp training for 10 weeks on June 10Th. I am very sad to have my baby boy leave already but it is a choice he made and I will support him on it. I have my doubts but he is a big boy and is capable of making his own decisions!

OK, so on to the next big decision in his life!! On Saturday he went to Vernal with David so he could get a Wii. Kevin and I are paying for $100.00 of it since Adrian decided that he no longer wanted to get a gun for the owed Christmas gift. Apparently he had a dream that he was shooting someone over and over and couldn't stop. (Another reason that I question the army being a good place for him.) Well he just had to have it on Saturday so went and while on the way there he talked with David about the church and asked several questions from David's outlook. By the end of the day I was told by David of Adrian's decision. As it turns out Adrian has decided that he will join the church!!! His only decisions now is when he will have it done and who will he be asking to do it!!
I am so very proud of him and hop that he will be forever a proud member of the church. Congratulations to Adrian and I love you very much!!

I sat in on the discussion from the missionaries on Sunday, I am leaning toward the Church again as well!! Adrian is a good example to me as well as what I have learned from Kayleigh!! Thank you both!

I posted about the reunion and blessing, don't forget to read that one also!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations to Adrian on a wonderful, wonderful decision.
I am waiting to hear the date for the baptism and hope to hear a time for your baptism, too, Susannah and also for Ashley. I love you all!!

Alison said...

Yay, Adrian! I truly believe that life is never happier than when you are living it righteously. Now THAT sounds like an event worthy of a family reunion...yours and Adrian's baptisms. (Ashley's, too, if she's close)! What a happy day that will be. You know Kayleigh will be smiling on that day!

marni said...

This is Andrew. On the Army I really suggest he exercise as much as possible prior in order to prepare. I ran everyday six days a week before I went, and as the day got closer I ran twice a day. But I never really liked sit-ups or push-ups so I would only do them occasionally. When I got there the running was still hard but no where near the other stuff. So it will be hard no matter what, but if he gets ahead of the game, it will be less hard. Just my advice from my own experience.

Also congrats to Adrian both on the Wii and the the baptism, obviously with the baptism being the most important.

I have had dreams of shooting people and killing them in other ways too, but also know that although I may not be able to control my dreams, I can control my actions. So I have guns and wouldn't mind getting more. But that is just me.

This may be none of my business so feel free to tell me if it is, but I had not Idea you had leaned away from the church to begin with. So I am curious as to what happened to make you do that. Feel free to let me know you don't want to let me know.

Amy said...

Congratulations Adrian! We are so excited for you. Keep us posted on the big day. (And Susannah, it would be totally awesome for you guys to do it together--lean harder!)

Susannah said...

Andrew, I have been excommunicated from the church since my first marriage to the butt head. It was right after I was engaged to be married that I had a discipline hearing and was put on probation. Almost a year after I was married I was then excommunicated for sex before marriage. I didn't and still don't agree with what the reasons were but have accepted it as what it is. I took the time that I have not been a member of the church to make any number of mistakes from drinking to drugs(not serious one's so to speak.) I am not saying that drugs aren't serious, I am just meaning they were not like crack and such. At any rate, I have been thinking about joining again as I have cleaned up my bad habits. I have always believed the church and its teachings but with the death of Kayleigh and who she stood for made me think more carefully on how I see myself and who I wanted to be.

marni said...

Yeah, I had no idea, but usually don't know what is going on with everyone.
I have seen a lot of people leave the church for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately many of them don't have testimonies and don't come back, so it is good that you do.