So I will update on the people around here!
Dad is working hard everyday after he gets off work to get this bathroom remodeling finished! The way he describes it to look is really beautiful! Right now there is still a hole in the floor and no walls! Based on the work that he did on the other bathroom, I am not worried at all for this one! It will be nice when it is finished since there will be a jacuzzi tub in it!
Jonathan is just working his 7 days on and 6 days off schedule. He will be taking time off in a week or so and may be going to Michigan to celebrate Thanksgiving. We will have already had our celebration here so he will get to have two if he goes. Also if he goes he can pick up a dresser for me that was Kayleigh's and Rebecca can have a place for her cloths! No pressure to him on going or anything!!! He continues to work on cars and things when his days off come around.
Nathan is still looking for a job but in the mean time is getting to do lots of work around here for Dad! He got a tattoo on his hand that means Justice but I am not sure how the word is actually pronounced. His stomach issues have gone away so he is in good health!
David is working at Al's as a cashier and saving money (I think) as he goes. He travels every couple of weekends out to see Miranda, they make a cute couple! Her birthday is on the 14th of this month and she will be 18. He got her a build a bear made that resembles himself, all the way down to the converse shoes!! He wants me to walk him through making brownies the morning of the 14th so he can take her some! Last time we did that they turned out weird, hopefully this time will be different. I could make them for him but he wants to do it himself!
Samuel got his report card and has strait A's!!! He is getting better at helping out when asked though it could still use some more work on it! He is having a great time visiting with Adrian the last couple of weeks and I am sure will be sad when he leaves soon. He helps Dad out with the remodeling but Samuel would much rather destroy stuff than build it back up! He did however build a dog house for the dogs so they would be outside instead of inside now that Rebecca is here. He made it big enough for all of them and it has electricity, carpet, insulation, and wood paneling! Spoiled dog's!!!
On to the rest of us!!!
As you know we have a new member of our family and she is a complete angel!!! She has been fussy the last couple of nights but that is because she has been sleeping through most of the day. She has gained some weight that she lost back and is now weighing in at 4lbs 15oz!! Almost back to 5lbs!! She got a new car seat and one of those head things for it that is awesome!! She was introduced to a couple of the dogs yesterday and slept right through it! Nathans dog Snow was the one most interested in her, I guess she still has the mommy instinct! As of yesterday, Rebecca lost her umbilical cord! I had to call mom to make sure that it was not to soon! I was kind of freaked out when it happened! New mom scares!! I will be posting a picture of her in a couple of days that has her laying next to the new born outfit that we were going to originally be bringing her home from the hospital in. She looks so tiny but I took it so that everyone can get a better idea how small she truly is!
Kevin tries to not let anyone know how much he loves her but he is failing!! Every time he looks at her he gets a smile on his face. She will have him wrapped around her little finger without even having to try! He will have vacation time starting on the 17th so he will be helping dad with the house. He stayed downstairs in the living room with me the first two nights I was home but since he had to go back to work be has gone back upstairs. He can't do anything much when she wakes up in the night but each time he would wake up with us and just sit there (trying to not fall asleep!) All his complaining about not wanting a girl went out the window the second that he held her!! Like I said in my other post, proud papa!
Ashley is a little jealous in my opinion. She went upstairs when I got home from the hospital and doesn't want to hold Rebecca. I think in some ways it is that she is not getting attention but in other ways I feel it is because of how Kevin is with Rebecca and that he has never been that way with her. Again this is only my opinion! She is going to have to quit her job as of Saturday. She has let her grades drop in school. I made the arrangement with her that he grades has to be the best that she could do (not strait A's) If she had been going to tutorials or doing extra studying here at the house then it would be different. She is not upset that she has to quit and that I think is because she has to work and does not get to just hang out with friends and stuff like that that she wants to do. Eventually I am sure that she will want to get another job and I suggested that she wait til summer and then she would not have anything that work conflicts with. We shall see. She has stopped going to church and that is her choice all the way around. I would love for her to go but I am not going to force her to do it. Other than that there is not much new with her.
Adrian has been here but leaves on the 17th and that is less than a week away! I will miss him so much but if I look at it like he is on vacation maybe it wont be so bad! He will be in Germany for a minimum of 2 years, that is a long time! We will be having pictures taken of him today in his dress greens so we will get some sent out to everyone when they come in! He loves his baby sister and I am sure he will miss her bunches when he leaves, probably more than he will miss the rest of us!
Then there is me! The newest thing for me right now is everything! I am not sure if I am doing anything right but I know mom will set me strait if I am not! I wake up easily and spend most of my nights watching Rebecca sleep instead of sleeping myself! I love to give her kiss after kiss and she enjoys it to (I hope!) Mom will be here today and get to meet her so I am super excited for that! I still can't believe that she is mine and that I am a mom to such a sweet angel! It seems like she has been here forever though and I wouldn't know what to do without her!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Im still so excited that you are a mommy..I love being a mommy!! Madison is getting huge! She is getting so smart..We will try and make the shower, Nick got laid off tuesday so we are going to be a little strapped for money but i will let you know either way... Congrats again!! Im so excited for you! I cant wait to meet her! She is such a doll!!
Sounds like things are busy as usual around there.
I hope Ashley comes around soon...I don't blame her a bit for being jealous, that is natural, but having a sister is an awesome experience so I hope she doesn't miss out on it.
That is wonderful how good Kevin is with Rebecca.
Great job Sam on the report card!
Have fun with Mom!
A big congradulations to Samuel for that report card!
Hopefully Ashley will come around. It would be a shame for her to miss out on everything. Have you tried to talk to her about how she feels!
It is great how good Kevin is with Rebecca, you know they say a woman becomes a mother when she becomes pregnant a man becomes a father when he holds his baby!
Sounds busy and exciting around there as usual. I also hope that Ashley will come around with the baby. I'm sure that is hard for her to see the way Kevin dotes on Rebecca. I'm also glad that Rebecca has Kevin wrapped around her finger already.
And great job in school Samuel!
Have a fun time with Mom! Even though she "lives" in Albion, I feel like we haven't seen her in ages with all the traveling she's had to do lately.
I'm sure Mom will give you lots of great tips with the baby, but I'd be willing to bet you are doing just fine!
Post a Comment